Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Forgetting What's Important

I was reviewing previous blog entries, and I came across the one titled "Fix Cracks Now" - where I explained that a crack in the relationship that goes unattended can turn into a major problem. I used the analogy of a crack in the foundation of my garage, and how a hole is forming.

That's when it hit me. I haven't fixed the crack yet! I completely forgot about it. When it first came up, I talked about it. I asked friends about it. I even had a pretty good idea of what I needed to do to fix it. For a time, it was the center of my attention. Then, life got in the way, and I forgot.

What important things have you forgotten? Have you forgotten the special memories of places you've been together, or things you've seen and done? Have you forgotten the struggles that you endured as a team, and how good it was to overcome them? Have you forgotten how to laugh, how to love and how to have fun? Have you forgotten how to make her smile? Have you forgotten how to dance? Have you forgotten how to show her that she still rocks your world?

Do you even think of these things anymore? I hope you do. She hopes you do.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment