Friday, May 7, 2010

Affairs: A Final Thought

We've been talking about reasons people have affairs, and I want to make sure I don't go too far in putting blame on the cheater's partner.

I heard a talk show host say the other day that he has a friend whose wife was cheating on him. They split. Recently he saw them together again. He was surprised to find them together and asked his friend about it. He said, "she decided to forgive me for what I was doing that caused her to cheat."

That's out of balance. While I do believe that relationship problems are the driving cause of affairs, that does not and can not excuse the cheater's behavior. Ultimately we all have responsibility for doing what's right. Bad circumstances at home do not justify cheating. Period. Sorry.

This is propagated further by websites that say "life is short, have an affair", and proceed to allow you to pay to join and hook up with other married members. A dating service for married people to screw around on their partners. I hope there is a special place in hell for the scumbag that runs that service. And by 'special' I mean extra crispy.

Affairs destroy relationships. That about sums it up.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment