Friday, March 5, 2010

Respect

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me.

I stopped at a little coffee shop last night and the girl behind the counter said "thank you sir." That led to a discussion on manners, respect, guys opening doors for women and being a gentlemen.

There were four 20-somethings behind the counter and I wanted their opinion on the significance of respect and how important it is that a guy be a gentlemen.

The consensus was, according to my little informal survey, that being a gentleman was important. "8 out of 10", was the rating that everyone agreed on.

But respect was even higher! "11 out of 10." Please, math scholars don't have to tell me that isn't possible. You get the point. Respect in a relationship is HUGE. I asked them to elaborate. "Treating me as an equal, respecting my boundaries, treating me well."

These 20-something girls have it figured out. Guys, how about us?

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment