Monday, March 29, 2010

7 Months and 7 Minutes

We bought a house back in August. There is a storage room in the basement, and the light doesn't work. I changed the bulb. That didn't work. Then I did what we tend to do all too often. I did nothing.

This weekend my wife asked me if I could take a look at it, because she doesn't like going in that room without light. So, Saturday I had a look.

It took SEVEN minutes to fix.

As it turned out, the two lead wires had come apart. They simply needed to be twisted together. So the 7 minutes includes the time it took me to plug in the extension cord and light, take the fixture off, fix the connection, put it back together and put the light away.

Seven months. Seven minutes.

It really puts into perspective how silly it is to procrastinate. We tend to put off things that we think are going to be tough to deal with, often to find that it isn't as bad as we feared.

What are you putting off? Is there something in the house that she's been asking you to fix? Is there something in your relationship? Is there a habit that you need to break?

It's time for action.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment