Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Priority Status

I travel a lot on business.
And because I do, I now get priority treatment.

My luggage get abused before yours do!
I get free passes to the airline's lounge.
And if the circumstances are just right, I get a free upgrade.

Yesterday we talked about proper care, and a comment suggested that it may be because so many other things get attention that the obvious gets missed and taken for granted. Here's what I think.

I agree that relationships are bombarded with distractions. Work, play, relaxation, schedules, friends and family all cut in to our personal, intimate time with our partner. But lets be clear, where our treasure is - our heart will be. Remember back when the relationship first started? You would have likely dropped everything to spend quality time together. The problem is, over time we become familiar and complacent. We lose focus. We forget where the true treasure is.

We have to remember that a conscience effort is needed to give our partner priority status. And we need to willingly shift things in our schedule to make sure we have time to focus our attention on the person that matters most.

Let's explore "taking people for granted" more tomorrow.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment