Monday, November 1, 2010

Family

It's been said that “Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice”.

Relationships are tough. I get that. I understand that sometimes, (nearly 50% of the time according to statistics), relationships fail. But here's another quote for you. "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

I have two points:

1. This weekend I was talking with a guy who has a 13 year old daughter. He's divorced and there was a time when he didn't see her as much as he wanted to. It tore him up. Recently, things have changed and he is now in a situation where she can visit him more frequently. He told me three times how important that is to him.
My first point is this - failed relationships put a gap between you and your children that you cannot allow to be permanent. Do everything you can to maintain that relationship and be an active part in their life. In the end, you will recognize how important that is.

2. My second point goes back to the quote at the top of the page. Live a life that demonstrates how to live and how to love. Your children will listen to your example far more than they will listen to your words.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment