Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Putting it in Action

I have provided quite a few ideas for Valentine's Day and romantic nights over the past several weeks, and this weekend I put many of them in action as we celebrated Valentine's Day.

My wife had to work on Saturday. That gave me the opportunity to get everything organized. I picked her up from work and took her to a nice romantic dinner. After dinner we went home where I had a dozen long stemmed red roses, her card and some chocolates. I also had the ingredients ready for chocolate covered strawberries. They didn't turn out like the pictures I saw online, but they were still very good and we had fun making them.

While we were making the strawberries I ran a bubble bath and lit the candles around the tub. I had put champagne on ice and had the champagne glasses from our wedding waiting there too.

Chocolate covered strawberries with champagne, candles and a hot bubble bath was a perfect after dinner treat. Then we watched a romantic comedy in our bedroom. After the movie I told her that I needed her to pack a bag for an overnight trip, but I didn't tell her where we were going.

We were headed someplace cold, and I had pre-packed long johns, hats and gloves just to make sure she had everything she needed. The next morning we hit the road early and about an hour into the drive I let her in on the secret.

So, I combined date night with several romantic ideas and a weekend getaway to make for a fantastic Valentine's Day - without breaking the bank. We had a blast, and laughed all weekend.

I caught her just staring at me several times this weekend. (She loves me).
And she loved her Valentine's Day.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment