Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Her Greatest Fan

You may be more familiar with the Goo Goo Dolls version, but for me, I will always be a fan of Edwin McCain's version of I'll Be.

I'll be your crying shoulder,
I'll be love's suicide
I'll be better when I'm older,
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.


Some of you who are reading this find yourself in a bad spot in your relationship.
If your relationship was a car, you'd have some kind of warning light on the dashboard. But let me encourage you. Don't give up. Keep fighting back. Become her greatest fan.

Think about what it means to be her greatest fan. I'm a HUGE Peyton Manning fan. I watch every game, wear his jersey, watch his press conferences, have his picture in my office. If he came to my house I would drop everything to visit with him.
Apply those things to your wife / partner (except perhaps wearing her clothes).
Do you have a picture of your wife / partner in your office, or on your computer?
Do you show genuine interest in the things she does? How was her day at work? How's her family? What's on her mind today?
What's her favorite dessert? If you were her greatest fan, you'd know.
For the record: I do not know Peyton Manning's favorite dessert. :)

Tune in to her, pay attention to what she's saying. LISTEN. STAY FOCUSED.

Stay in touch -

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment